Taking care of your Bombay Perfumery candle 24 September 2018
Just like our perfumes, our fine fragrance candles are led by our ethos of shining a light on Indian ingredients. Recently we launched 3 new candles, Pondicherry Yellow, evoking a tropical haven, Moon Set, with a hint of romance, and Blushing Oud, that candle that brings decadence to mind.
We’ve worked with renowned French perfumers to create one-of-their-kind fragrances for these candles. Crafted from soy wax, they have a cleaner burning, devoid of toxins and carcinogens which are often found in paraffin candles.
To ensure you receive the very best out of your fine fragrance candle, here are a few tips & tricks
- On first use, do burn it for about 3 hours. This will ensure that the top layer of wax completely melts and you get an even burning the next time you light it.
- Trimming the wick is very important – the longer the wick, the faster the candle burns. Every time you light the candle, trim it to ¼ inch to minimize mushrooming & soot. Should any black smoke appear after this, snuff it out and re-trim the wick.
- After trimming the wick, recentering it is also important. After you blow out the candle, adjust the wick to the centre of the candle when the wax is still molten. This will prevent a layer of soot being formed on the glass.
- Always keep the candle burning within sight! Take care to not burn it in close proximity to anything that can catch fire.
- Allow the candle to completely cool before relighting.
- Don’t let the candle burn for more than 3 hours every time, after that first time.
- Keep away from children, pets, curtains and drafts.
- The lid is very important – when you’ve lit the candle, place it on the lid so as to protect the surface. After snuffing it out, cover the candle with the lid to prevent discolouration.To really let the fragrance consume a room, light it for atleast an hour – this also helps when you’re prepping for guests at home!